CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

10 Megapixels...

Hi all. Been really busy with work and life in general and as such don't get a chance to post much anymore. Dealing with a wee bout of insomnia so here I am... No really big news as of late but I did pick up a new camera recently. Again haven't had too much time to play around with it but did get to experiment with the Macro setting the other morning. June gloom and all there was plenty of dew on the backyard foilage. I still have the 2 megapixel unit with the underwater case for goofing around but with the advances in the digital arena and the prices of cameras and memory being very reasonable I went for an upgrade. So I thought I'd post a couple of shots.. Here you go..

As always, click on the pick for the full size version..



Noisy bird at work monitoring the nest nearby.. Check out the yellow feathers on his or her belly...



Some shrubbery on the hill in the backyard...



The morning mist resulted in this shot...


On the whole I'm pretty happy with this camera. I can't see using the 10MP setting unless I was planning on having a poster made but it's nice having the option. The cam shoots video as well, the coolest part is you can be shooting a viddy and take a still at the same time.. What will they come up with next? Oh yeah, in case you were wondering it's a Canon SX10 IS..

That's it for now. Gotta catch a few winks before work...

Cheers,

-Scott

6 comments:

Phil said...

that's awesome, Scotty! I've been thinking about getting an SLR camera myself. You enjoying the Canon?

Scott said...

Weather hasn't been all that cooperative lately.. I'm due for a vacation but I'm waiting for some sunshine..

Phil said...

How about ease of use? Is it pretty easy to use?

Scott said...

Sure. Very intuative.. Has a ton of settings even though it's not a true SLR and of course there's always the auto setting which turns it into a point and shoot. Hard to beat for the cash..

Dude, I've read about Hannah numerous times in the Register and never made the connection. Even though the "Green Gene" effect is totally there. Anyone who's met or seen Jarod might think they were bro and sis.. Hope everything turns out well for her. You're not supposed to have breast tissue at that age much less an aggresive cancer..

Phil said...

Yeah, tell me about it. Hannah's situation has totally taken the country by storm. A couple of spots on Good Morning America, a spot on the CBS Early Morning Show, throwing out the first pitch at the Dodger game, countless local news spots, fundraisers, special appearances... she's quite the celebrity.
When she and Jarrod were both babies and we had them together, people always thought they were twins. The Green gene runs strong.

I'm looking to get an "SLR" camera in the near future, true SLR or otherwise. I just need something that takes the picture when I push the button. The delays on the PnS's are ridiculous. Take a picture of Jarrod swinging his bat and capture him running to first... whoops, about 4 seconds late there...
Looking at the Canon you have or the Nikon D5000.

Scott said...

You're going to be amazed at what you can pull off in PShop. I have a buddy from high school that's been in the printing industry for years and he's a master at it.. He stripped negs for quite awhile and got ahead of the curve by taking some classes once he saw the direction the industry was going. Crazy stuff.. Let me see if I can find some of his pics.. The Canon snaps pics pretty quick as long as you depress the button half way and are ready.. I haven't messed with the manual setting just yet.. might be even quicker when it's not set on auto..