CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

4th of July....

Hopped on the bike at 7am and started cruising around Lake Forest in anticipation of the annual parade. Lots of folks getting ready, prepping their vintage and classic automobiles and such. Kept going on down the main drag as I had some time to kill until the festivities began so I headed over to Sorrento Park to visit the Mikkelsen clan. No joy there as Mike's Murano wasn't in the drive and there wasn't any sign of life in the house. Not to worry, I used the gate to the back yard and got to spend about 20 minutes with the Rat Terriers. Spent another 10 min. trying to get all the hair off of my pants.

Jumped back on my sled and pedaled back up Trabuco, hung a right at Lake Forest, then a left on Toledo which was starting to fill up with folks with lawn chairs and the like. I ended up over by El Toro High and decided to swing by Sean Simon's place to see if he had anything planned for the day. Apparently so because no one was around. I figured if the family was attending the parade they had already dashed out to find a good place for viewing. My suspicions were correct as I found out today when Sean emailed me a picture from the local newspapers website. His youngest, Spencer was hanging with Grandma taking it all in. Here it is....






WAVING THE FLAG: Spencer Simon, 1, shows his patriotism while watching the Lake Forest parade on the lap of his grandmother, Sue West.





Headed back home and swapped out my backpack for a chair myself and grabbed the camera. Spent the next couple of hours sitting on the median and watching a cast of characters go by. There were some really nice custom hot rods. Got a nice little sunburn going on my shins and neck. Here are some pictures of the days goings on. This one's from another parade acutally but I just love the toothy grin the horse gave up for the camera. Nice choppers eh? Rode a little more afterward. Nothing spectacular but I did get in about 35 miles on the bike that day.

-Scott

No comments: