CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Golf is torture... A Rant..

Hit Willowick at the invitation of Big John Shoemaker this morning.. Up at the crack of dawn and on the road to Santa Ana. This game is nice and relaxing, but you find yourself sucked into the gear.. I sucked.. spent so much time in the rough outside the fairways all I really needed was my 5 Iron. I want to chuck every club in my bag except my $6.00 Dunlop that I picked up at Kmart in a bargain bin some years ago. It's offset and I hit it straight as all getout. My stink'n Calloway is all over the place.. I should take that Dunlop to a golfsmith and have 'em make me a matched set,Driver,3,and 5 and be done with it. My irons are poop as well. I really like the Nickent Genex 3DX series but I can't justify the expense right now. Maybe Cobra still makes offset woods.. I'd be willing do give them a try based on my results with the offset 7 wood from Dunlop. I stink. Shot 97 giving away 2 strokes per hole with errant tee shots. My 5 iron saved me from a worse score.. I gotta go with some custom clubs.. 'Ka'Ching. !!!! My Pitching wedge was giving me plenty of joyous moments. Thankfully I neglected to take pictues of this event. Maybe when I get new clubs.

Many thanks to "Shoe" for having me out this morning and to his group for putting up with my slow play. Really nice bunch of guys. Matt, you're killing me! Oh to be young again and tall to boot...

2 comments:

Phil said...

not just golf get you sucked in with the gear... try RC car racing...

Scott said...

Good point...